— NOTICE: COVID-19 CORONA VIRUS 8/7/2020 —
UPDATE PUBLIC LESSONS
ARE STARTING 8/8/2020
The safety of our members and those that participate in our club activities is paramount. The situation with the COVID-19 Corona Virus is very dynamic and affects us all. Additionally, due to the proximity of our club we are watching the developments in PA, NJ, and MD. It is with an abundance of caution that the Board has decided to take the following precautionary measures:
These precautionary measures are in line with recommendations to help mitigate the spread of the virus and are based on guidance from the CDC as well as the various state guidelines.
PUBLIC LESSONS ARE STARTING AS OF 8/8/2020
YOU MUST MAKE A RESERVATION IN ADVANCE – PLEASE CALL 302-722-7997 TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Alternatively you may text Steve at 302 229-8882 to make reservations,
- Each class will be limited to ten shooters, allowing us to maintain a social distance of 6 feet between archers.
- Everyone wares a mask. Face masks will be available. Disposable gloves will be available for instructors.
- You must wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon entering our clubhouse.
- Family groups from the same residence may shoot side by side. Other shooters must space 6 feet apart (3 empty lanes) between each other.
- Our Instructors will sanitize the facility and equipment.
- Please bring exact fee, $25 cash or check or $26 credit card.
We are excited to begin public lessons once again.
Detailed List of Public Programs Effected:
- All Public Group Lessons — limited reopening
- All Public Private/Semi-Private Lessons and Coaching — limited reopening
- Ladies Night
- All leagues are suspended
- DSAA/NFAA Delaware State Indoor Championships – has been postponed until Fall.
- Limited competitions
- Achieve Archery is suspended
- JOAD is suspended until further notice
As you know we are a member-based club with a member-volunteers in lieu of staff for most activities. As such, we cannot guarantee the cleanliness of the range as it pertains to the Corona Virus COVID-19. While we have a hired cleaning service to clean the clubhouse and bathrooms with regularity – we do not have daily cleaning staff to disinfect surfaces, equipment, etc. Therefore, the indoor range is closed to the public for 30 days.
- UPDATE 5/16/2020
- The indoor range is open
- The restrooms are still available to members using the outdoor range.
- Members that are feeling ill should avoid coming to the club until you are well.
- The outdoor range is open to members provided you follow social distancing practices.
Members using the outdoor range are encouraged to practice social distancing, frequent hand washing, drink a lot of water and follow CDC recommendations. We also recommend you do not handle bows, arrows, or equipment of another member/shooter. The following link will take you the CDC website for their up to date recommendations https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
For Delaware specific guidelines here is a link to the Delaware.gov’s Corona Virus page. — https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/
Members – As the situation changes daily – please check back here for updates before heading to the club!